I am working on a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join a leading Investment banking group in Glasgow city centre. They are offering a highly competitive daily rate for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst:
– Preparation, analysis and review of various Capital calculation requirements (Credit and Counterparty Risk, Leverage, Own Funds), supporting reviews and sign-off papers for presentation in Senior Management meetings
– Investigate drivers of material movements in calculation variables impacting key reporting, interrogating systems and data, and liaising with other teams to understand root cause
– Work closely with the reporting team to explain and validate daily, monthly and quarterly variances in capital numbers, supporting the production of key internal and external regulatory reporting submissions
– Support the development of a new global strategic capital calculator, controls and reporting
– Develop understanding of key Regulatory rules requirements and apply to various products and calculations
– Build effective relationships with Operations, Information Technology, Legal Entity Controllers, Corporate Treasury, and Regulatory Colleagues.
– Identify, document and escalate and co-ordinate resolution of issues
– Challenge processes and procedures in order to enhance controls and streamline efficiencies. Seek ways to improve hand-offs and integration with other teams
Are you this person?
– The successful candidate should be highly numerate with a close attention to detail, and demonstrate a strong commitment to developing your own skills
– Ability to demonstrate proven skills in investigating complex data issues to extract key themes and discover root causes
– Candidates for the role should hold an Accounting /Finance/Mathematical degree or equivalent, and have an interest in the Regulatory environment
– Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
– Relevant work experience in the financial services industry desirable (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
– Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
– Knowledge of financial products which are used in the financial services industry would be preferred
– Experience presenting and summarising key messages in email correspondence, in meetings and/or conference call environments, to diverse group of colleagues
Contact Lisa Smyth at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an agency.